"When you get those rare moments of clarity, those flashes when the universe makes sense, you try desperately to hold on to them. They are the life boats for the darker times, when the vastness of it all, the incomprehensible nature of life is completely illusive. So the question becomes, or should have been all a long... What would you do if you knew you only had one day, or one week, or one month to live. What life boat would you grab on to? What secret would you tell? What band would you see? What person would you declare your love to? What wish would you fulfill? What exotic locale would you fly to for coffee? What book would you write?"


Monday, August 15, 2011

Dreaming Again

Does it ever happen to you where you just can't seem to shake off a dream? No matter how much you think about it and say, OK, i think I can move on now- It just keeps lingering in your thoughts?

I don't know. I have this recurring theme that comes in my dreams (not all the time, but often enough) and it hasn't happened in quite some time. Except this week its come back twice.

Maybe my dreams are lingering because I am dreaming this week, period. I haven't been dreaming a lot at all (or at least, remembering them) and then this week I've had three strong ones already.

But there is nothing you can do to shake it, except to just continue living life and eventually it will fade from your memory. I even sat down (literally, I sat down) prior to writing this entry and thought about the deep psychology meaning of this dream. Thinking that maybe if I could get down to its meaning, It would go away. No luck. Therefore, blog must be written. Lol.


No but really, does this ever happen to you? Maybe not necessarily the dream sequence keeps returning, but the same feeling you had in the dream, keeps being reciprocated to real life, and you think, why do I keep feeling this emotion for no reason? Why do I feel like I have unfinished business? And then you realize its again, surprise, linked back to that dream(s).

Don't get me wrong, I love to dream. If I could take a pill or something that let me dream  every night and remember them all, I so would. I find dreams fascinating and very meaningful....but annoying, at times. They are annoying when you were so convinced that the dream world was real and then you wake up and realize it was all fake, and, welcome to the real real world. Ahh I'm going all Inceptiony on you!

The best is when you are in that waking up stage and are lost in that half-sub-conscious state and you know what you have to do to get ready for the day, and you go through all the motions, and then you wake up 45 minutes later, 15 minutes past your alarm clock, and realize you haven't done any of that yet. Love those mornings (not). I once went as far to actually dream about driving down the highway and going in to work (in the dream state....it was all so real, why wouldn't I believe it?) and then woke up and realized I was still in bed. *sigh*




But anyway...taking the NCLEX thursday (ah!) so I probably won't be posting much until then. Or maybe I will, depends how much I am procrastinating. Like right now. I do want to post about another awesome photoshoot, but we'll see about that.


But for now, over and out (is that what they say?),


~WNB


.

No comments: