"When you get those rare moments of clarity, those flashes when the universe makes sense, you try desperately to hold on to them. They are the life boats for the darker times, when the vastness of it all, the incomprehensible nature of life is completely illusive. So the question becomes, or should have been all a long... What would you do if you knew you only had one day, or one week, or one month to live. What life boat would you grab on to? What secret would you tell? What band would you see? What person would you declare your love to? What wish would you fulfill? What exotic locale would you fly to for coffee? What book would you write?"


Monday, September 6, 2010

All I Need

I'd like to showcase some lyrics I recently found from a band I'm in love with. These lyrics (pretty much the entire album) can directly correlate to my life right now. Its almost creepy.


"And that's all that I need,
Someone else to cling to
Someone I can lean on until
I don't need to
Just stay all through the night
And in the morning let me down
Cuz that's all that I need, right now"

-Matchbox 20


You're waiting here, For someone else to break you.
From the inside.
You've been so composed; But we all know there's always something tearing you apart.
It's always so much longer Than you counted on
And it hits you so much harder than you thought .
But you don't worry
You don't worry
Cuz you got soul
You're so heavy; you're so misunderstood

Darling you've got so much soul
There's always something
Tearing you apart

-Matchbox 20


"I wonder how you sleep
I wonder what you think - of me
If I could go back
Would you have ever been with me
I want you to be uneased
I want you to remember
I want you to believe in me
I want you on my side
Come on
And lay it down
I've always been with you
Here and now
Give all that's within you
Be my savior
And I'll be your downfall
Here we go again
Ashamed of being broken in
We're getting off track
And I want to get you back again
I want you to trouble me
I wanted you to linger
I want you to agree with me
I want so much, so bad" –MB 20

No comments: