"When you get those rare moments of clarity, those flashes when the universe makes sense, you try desperately to hold on to them. They are the life boats for the darker times, when the vastness of it all, the incomprehensible nature of life is completely illusive. So the question becomes, or should have been all a long... What would you do if you knew you only had one day, or one week, or one month to live. What life boat would you grab on to? What secret would you tell? What band would you see? What person would you declare your love to? What wish would you fulfill? What exotic locale would you fly to for coffee? What book would you write?"


Wednesday, September 29, 2010

My Love Story to-be.

Well. This blog is about writing and nursing. Not about my broken heart or how screwed up life can be (although those are good things to talk about on occasion too). So I want to start writing about what I want to write! THat doesn't make sense. What I mean is that I want to blog about what I am currently trying to write...novel wise. Or even just ideas. I guess in the past I have always been afraid to make that information public because I didn't want someone to think it was stupid and then I would feel like it wasn't worth writing about.

I have many many many many MANY novel ideas (Like 8)- thats a lot. But the one I have been thinking about a lot lately is a love story. Here is the (very basic) premise.
There is a character. He meets this girl, (or she meets this guy- I'm not sure if the main character will be male or female). THey fall in love. ( I have to work that part out- how they fall in love). He(she) is diagnosed with Schizophrenia. He (she) accepts medication treatment. suddenly, the love interest person has disappeared. Patient doesnt understand. Patient realizes that person has been imaginary the entire time, and went away with the medication. Patient is under eternal debate with himself and health care team as to whether or not to continue the meds because he (she) does not want to lose who he loves...The patient may or may not be committed to a psychiatric ward, I'm not sure yet.

Big problem:
Sounds too much like "A Beautiful Mind". I didn't realize how much it was similar until I told this idea to a friend and they said it sounded a lot like the movie- He meets his roommates and becomes best friends with them and then he realizes he has schizophrenia and his roommate is imaginary.

Only difference is mine is a love story. And a tragic, tragic sad story.

I have to figure out how to make it different somehow...really different. This is where needing a muse comes in. :-)

~ A Writer in a Nurse's Body.

No comments: