"When you get those rare moments of clarity, those flashes when the universe makes sense, you try desperately to hold on to them. They are the life boats for the darker times, when the vastness of it all, the incomprehensible nature of life is completely illusive. So the question becomes, or should have been all a long... What would you do if you knew you only had one day, or one week, or one month to live. What life boat would you grab on to? What secret would you tell? What band would you see? What person would you declare your love to? What wish would you fulfill? What exotic locale would you fly to for coffee? What book would you write?"


Monday, May 16, 2011

Discovery

Right now I am sitting on a windowsill listening and watching to the most magnificent and stunning and perfect and powerful thunderstorm ever to kick off the summer. And in more than ways than one, it is very much what I needed. This whole night has been perfect to sort of guide my heart in the right direction of healing, once and for all.

Some of my most fondest memories are of my father And I sitting out on our front porch watching the lightning with such enthusiasm and wonder. To this day we both get over-the-top excited when a fantastic lightning bolt comes through, a tornado warning graces our town or when it just pours or hails.

Anyway, this whole night has been perfect and a night of discovery and healing. I discovered this main site, www.stumbleupon.com , which leads you to all these magnificent other sites based on what you are interested in. Well "writing" is one of my selected categories and it brought me to this one site, www.oneword.com. Which is a sort of "writing exercise site meets human connection meets postsecret". The site gives you a word and all you have to do is write whatever comes to mind when you hear that word and you have sixty seconds. Then it gets submitted and others can read it and you can read entries on that word from people around the world, at that very moment. How fascinating?!

Tonights word was "forgotten". I wrote my first post to the site and I liked it. But some of the other entries were so meaningful and I could relate 100%. some were about wanting to forget things/people in their life, others were about being forgotten by a person they loved/love. I can relate to both. So go check out the site and write your own fantastic little blurbs to the word-of-the-day. :-)

Thank you to my lovely friend tonight that helped mr discover another beautiful thing- Ingrid michaelson. This girl is a friggen musical genius. Basically, she sounds like greys anatomy but her lyrics are just so captivating and her tunes draw you in and keep you listening. LOVE.

It's a good night. May it thunder and rain all night...what a perfect sound track to life...

No comments: