So tomorrow I got an appointment to go see a Holistic Healthcare provider-but not as a patient. I got in to ask her some questions about her profession and what not. I'm nervous but excited. This is step one of many, many more to come to a full career choice. This could make or break it for me, although I'm pretty sure it would take a lot to "break it" considering I am pretty positive this is what I want to do.
THese are the questions I plan to ask her:
- Introduce myself; where I go to school, I'm a senior; where I do clinical rotations.
- I am very interested in holistic therapy, but have a lot of questions- where to go, how to start my career.
- Where did you get your degrees? What were the degrees? Do you have any other recommendations of good schools in area?
- Do you think holistic therapies are catching on in America? Do you think there will be a rise in interest in the next couple decades?
- What kinds of jobs would be available to me? Hospital positions? My own practice?
- Do you primarily diagnose conditions or do you primarily treat existing conditions & symptoms? Do people come looking for a second diagnosis? Only symptom treatment?
- How many patients do you see per day? (average)? How long do you spend with each patient?
So hopefully all goes very smoothly tomorrow and I do not run in to any problems. I am very excited J
I'll keep you updated!
~A Writer in a Nurse's Body