"When you get those rare moments of clarity, those flashes when the universe makes sense, you try desperately to hold on to them. They are the life boats for the darker times, when the vastness of it all, the incomprehensible nature of life is completely illusive. So the question becomes, or should have been all a long... What would you do if you knew you only had one day, or one week, or one month to live. What life boat would you grab on to? What secret would you tell? What band would you see? What person would you declare your love to? What wish would you fulfill? What exotic locale would you fly to for coffee? What book would you write?"


Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Alternate Me's

I think If I HAD to do it all over again and Nursing was NOT an option ( I have to say that because I'm graduating in a month with a BSN).....what would I do alternatively?

- I realized the other day that I love houses. I love the structures. I want to go inside and look at how its all built.  I would be an architect if I weren't a nurse.

- Writer, of course. But i'm going to still be that anyway.

- Journalist? I used to hate journalism....and I never would be one of those annoying journalists...but rather the type that has a weekly column that everyone looks forward to reading. Good thing I have a blog for that, lol. I don't think I'd like Journalism anyway. Too much pressure.

But Architecture, I think I'd like that.

But of course, I'm going to be happy as a nurse. Nursing can help me take care of my family one day. What would architecture do for my life skills? Not much. Nursing can help me survive when the world ends and help me take care of other survivors. Can architecture? No. Can journalism? No. So, I'm pretty OK. :-)

No comments: