"When you get those rare moments of clarity, those flashes when the universe makes sense, you try desperately to hold on to them. They are the life boats for the darker times, when the vastness of it all, the incomprehensible nature of life is completely illusive. So the question becomes, or should have been all a long... What would you do if you knew you only had one day, or one week, or one month to live. What life boat would you grab on to? What secret would you tell? What band would you see? What person would you declare your love to? What wish would you fulfill? What exotic locale would you fly to for coffee? What book would you write?"


Friday, April 29, 2011

Trick Question

While babysitting, conversing about status of his bladder:

Me: do you have to pee?
4 year old: I just did!
Me: when?
4 year old: before! When you were here last time!
Me: that was last week. Do you have to pee-pee now?
4 year old: nooooooooooo.
Me: are you surreeee?
4 year old: noooooooooooo.
Me: well do you want some juice?
4 year old: nooooooo-umm, yeah.


Gotcha.




(earlier this morning, during breakfast. I made toasted waffles.
Boy: I want syrup.
Me: okay.
Girl: I Dont want syrup.
Me: okay.

Later, boy is playing with syrup and his waffles.
Girl: I want syrup!!
Me: okay, but before you said you didn't want syrup.
*stare down*
*I get the syrup.*
girl: I DON'T WANT SYRUP!!!!!!!


^^I'm just confused.


*I'm getting them both dressed to go outside. I always start with the two year old girl first. But by the time I get in there, she has her socks AND shoes AND coat halfway on. This girl is determined. Meanwhile, I gave 4 year old simple assignment of putting on his socks. This shouldn't have been hard. *
Me (walking into boys room, he doesn't even have one sock on yet. And he's trying.) : You haven't put your socks on yet?
Boy (trying really hard to pull them on, but they are backwards): Mommy always does this for  me.
Me: Am I mommy?
Boy: No. But you can still put my socks on.
Me: *getting frustrated, its nearing the last hour of my scheduled 8.5 hours* "C'mon now, you're two year old sister has mastered this."
Boy: I know, i know, I can sometimes put my socks on. But not when they are rough and slow. And these socks are in the middle.

^ I don't know. I just dont know, lol.

~WNB

No comments: