"When you get those rare moments of clarity, those flashes when the universe makes sense, you try desperately to hold on to them. They are the life boats for the darker times, when the vastness of it all, the incomprehensible nature of life is completely illusive. So the question becomes, or should have been all a long... What would you do if you knew you only had one day, or one week, or one month to live. What life boat would you grab on to? What secret would you tell? What band would you see? What person would you declare your love to? What wish would you fulfill? What exotic locale would you fly to for coffee? What book would you write?"


Friday, March 25, 2011

Rainy Days, Flooding and Painting

Picture of the week time ! I didn't forget :)  Except, I have two installments. One set of pictures today, and a special version for next week that is similar but much cooler. Instead of POTW- ITs more like "Picture Album of the week" because I have so many. But its like buying someone a gift. Its SO HARD not to give it to them when you already have it for them and its SO GOOD and you CANT WAIT to see if they will like it. Well, I recently took all these photos at once and I don't think I can give you one at a time over a span of one-a-week because I would go crazy. Maybe this should be a common occurrence and this could be "Picture of the month" ? Hmm. Well, enjoy. :)

This was taken when my father and I took a drive down to the Delaware river on the most recent 2011 flood, and...
 ...And it was interesting and all, but not very photogenic. I know photogenic when I see it, immediately. And then this dog just appeared, came up to us and we pet(ted?) it for a little, and then it went to where it is in picture....and suddenly it became photogenic.

Same doggie, same day, different picture

This picture is *not taken by me* but taken from my twin separated at birth (but not really-just psychologically), Mellie, and I fell in love with it. I fall in love with a lot of her pictures, usually of her girls (shown in picture). I'm not even sure if she knows/believes how good of a photographer she actually is or could be if she really wanted to.
 But anyway, I saw the picture and fell in love, asked for permission to picture, and revamped the special effects, and thats why it is here today. But it was never taken by me.


This was one of those pictures that you don't even have to set up....you just see it, and you snap the picture...even though it looks like I totally set that there.

This was taken at a friends house I visited over this winter and I was immediately drawn to her paint set- and it was just gorgeous and lovely and especially with the tone I put on the picture in the effects dept. , it screams "Sad, lonely painting day with music on while it rains-pours- outside your window" type of day. LOVE.

Another picture of her paintset. LOVE.


Paintbrushes in the windowsill
 So...As for an update on my life today....since yesterday....I babysat all day today. I could write a whole other blog on that....Basically, toddlers are SO HARD to work with/please. They require so much patience. And then I think to myself, Gee- If they are causing me this much anguish- How come I still really, really, really want to have kids one day? And my answer in my head was this- A lot of the anguish that arises while working with these kids comes from having to please the parent too. 1) everything is done in the parents/kids environment.  2) I can NEVER find anything, and its usually something the toddlers are screaming for 3)things are just done differently there 4) Its second nature for me to always have the kids back to the parents in the same condition or better than when I got them in the morning. In addition to the condition of the house. I always clean. I always sanitize everything. (I'm becoming OCD). I get the kids dressed and do their hair, feed them two meals, etc. But when we do activities  like painting or playdough, I am constantly stressed because I don't know "the rules". WHats allowed to get dirty? Can their clothes get dirty? How important is this table to you? Do you want me to put protective paper down? Is this paint even washable? Whereas if I were the parent and will be someday, I would first buy washable everything and then get them into painting clothes and say GO FOR IT. But this isn't that type of household...So, Its hard making up your own rules as you go along and making sure they fit into the households rules too. Its a long day! But, as hard as they can be at times, they are Truly adorable and surprise me every day with how smart they are or how kind they are. I do look forward to seeing them =]

THats all for today.....Off to the hospital to work tomorrow, Maybe I'll get a good blog entry from there?

Too-ta-loo...

~A Writer in a Nurse's Body

No comments: