"When you get those rare moments of clarity, those flashes when the universe makes sense, you try desperately to hold on to them. They are the life boats for the darker times, when the vastness of it all, the incomprehensible nature of life is completely illusive. So the question becomes, or should have been all a long... What would you do if you knew you only had one day, or one week, or one month to live. What life boat would you grab on to? What secret would you tell? What band would you see? What person would you declare your love to? What wish would you fulfill? What exotic locale would you fly to for coffee? What book would you write?"


Wednesday, December 22, 2010

An Afterthought

Speaking of time travel...If you could go back to some point in your own life and tell yourself to do certain things you wish you had done, or tell yourself not to do things you did do, would you bother?

Sometimes the bad past experiences, our mistakes, are what shape who we are today...for the better. Some mistakes are meant to happen. If that mistake hadn't been made then, it may have just been made later on. Some mistakes lead to brighter opportunities....and very important lessons. Although some people can specifically pinpoint a particular experience they wish they could re-do and they believe that that would solve all of their current problems.

Sometimes I just wish I could write a letter to myself from the past. I would write it to me at age 14. I don't think I would try to change anything, I would just try and persuade myself to not take things for granted as much, to eat less Burger King, drink more water, be nicer to people, don't TRUST people as easily, go to church more, and to not take people that love me very much for granted. Typical teenager, I guess, but still. I still wish I could change things. Oh, and I would also tell myself to take high school seriously. I could have done so much better...After struggling through Nursing school, high school in retrospect seems like literally a slice of pie. If only I had realized then how easy it was....

*sigh*.

No comments: