"When you get those rare moments of clarity, those flashes when the universe makes sense, you try desperately to hold on to them. They are the life boats for the darker times, when the vastness of it all, the incomprehensible nature of life is completely illusive. So the question becomes, or should have been all a long... What would you do if you knew you only had one day, or one week, or one month to live. What life boat would you grab on to? What secret would you tell? What band would you see? What person would you declare your love to? What wish would you fulfill? What exotic locale would you fly to for coffee? What book would you write?"


Thursday, December 2, 2010

A Surprise at Dawn...

So, I'm a dork (yes) but have been tracking Venus' status in the sky recently. WHen I sleep at home, I have this magical view of the stars when I go to bed at night, as my bed lies paralell with my window. I also will very often randomly wake up in the middle of the night, put on my glasses and stare at the stars and try and figure out what each one is or find constellations. Its pretty fun, not gonna lie. Well anyway, a couple of weeks ago I read on a site that Venus would be its brightest December 1-4, and wouldnt be this bright again til 2012. It is best visible right along side the moon at 5:30 am, (where i live- I'm not smart enough to figure out if this applies elsewhere). And get this- every morning I have been somehow been waking up randomly in this time frame and get to see Venus at its brightest, and its pretty fascinating. I would totally take an astronomy class if I could. So cool! Here is a picture:




So pretty. This morning I left for my LAST clinical (woot!) at 6:00am and saw this when I was driving and was almost half tempted to pull the car over and take a picture of venus and the small moon beside it with the sun rising at the bottom (just like in the drawing!) but I didnt have enough confidence that my iphone could pull that amount of awesomeness off.


If you are a strange bird like me and wake up randomly, look for it. I promise it will make you smile...It just will.

No comments: