"When you get those rare moments of clarity, those flashes when the universe makes sense, you try desperately to hold on to them. They are the life boats for the darker times, when the vastness of it all, the incomprehensible nature of life is completely illusive. So the question becomes, or should have been all a long... What would you do if you knew you only had one day, or one week, or one month to live. What life boat would you grab on to? What secret would you tell? What band would you see? What person would you declare your love to? What wish would you fulfill? What exotic locale would you fly to for coffee? What book would you write?"


Saturday, December 11, 2010

Thought of the Day

Sometimes I feel like I'm missing the "manual on how to live Life: From A to Z"...that everyone else got. And I didn't get the memo that it was even coming out.

But I think Everyone feels the same way.



Like even simple things. Like starting fires in fireplaces. Or driving a manual car. Or moving to another country. Or how to move your 29 gallon fish tank when you move across the country. Or how to make omelets, or what the heck to make for dinner every friggen night.


I need the manual on all that. Sometimes I think I have everything in nursing covered (which I don't, i know) and I spend so much time reading nursing. As previously mentioned, when I had my first bout of free time in B&N the other day, I had the opportunity to "read for Leisure", and what book did i Pick? ...."Camp Nurse". Its like i dont even know how to come off of everything nurse. But being proficient in one thing....is not okay. I want to be the jack of all trades. I want to one day, if I have to, be able to live alone in a house and know how to operate it. How to fix things. How to solve weird problems without calling neighbors or professionals and spending shitloads of money. I'm not even sure I would know how to call a plumber. I couldn't even hook up a television if I had the instruction manual right in front of me. Do all 22 year olds feel like this? .

No comments: