"When you get those rare moments of clarity, those flashes when the universe makes sense, you try desperately to hold on to them. They are the life boats for the darker times, when the vastness of it all, the incomprehensible nature of life is completely illusive. So the question becomes, or should have been all a long... What would you do if you knew you only had one day, or one week, or one month to live. What life boat would you grab on to? What secret would you tell? What band would you see? What person would you declare your love to? What wish would you fulfill? What exotic locale would you fly to for coffee? What book would you write?"


Sunday, December 12, 2010

Picture of the Week

A little late again, but I'd rather wait for an awesome picture that comes Sunday or whenever, than find an iffy one on Friday. :-) So this one I took today, because I these two made me smile so much. They sat at the table next to me in Barnes and Noble and this was the best dad ever. I aged him to be pretty young (20-25) and the little boy in the chair is approximately 3. Well, this dad was so devoted. I first saw them making laps around the store, the dad following the little boy around making conversation, as they passed me I heard from the dad, "It's just like a maze, Isn't it??" (commenting on the store layout)...and he had the sippy cup in hand, ready to go, and multiple children's books in hand. Later is when I realized that the same two had sat down next to me. Obviously within ear shot, I was able to hear the lovely sound of this dad reading 8 ( I kid you not!) Thomas the Tank Engine books. The boy was paying close attention, and was making remarks and asking questions. The dad was like, genuinely interested and cared. It was so adorable to watch. I know one too many parents that would find a stack of children's books and sit them down to read by them selves so that the parent can do his own thing. But anyway, here is the picture:

I made it so that you couldn't see either of their faces and therefore they are unrecognizeable and it is OK to put on the internet! Right? Lol. o_O

Not much to say recently...(blogwise)...life has been rather unexclamatory (new word?). And I'd rather not bore you with minor and silly things just for the sake of writing a daily blog entry. And, finals are coming (blech) this week, so I may not have much to say at all this week. Or maybe I'll procrastinate and i'll coincidentally have a LOT to say, who knows? ;)
So hopefully new, interesting, topics will come to mind soon...otherwise, happy reading and have a nice evening :)


~WNB

Disclaimer: I am not a creeper! I swear.

No comments: