"When you get those rare moments of clarity, those flashes when the universe makes sense, you try desperately to hold on to them. They are the life boats for the darker times, when the vastness of it all, the incomprehensible nature of life is completely illusive. So the question becomes, or should have been all a long... What would you do if you knew you only had one day, or one week, or one month to live. What life boat would you grab on to? What secret would you tell? What band would you see? What person would you declare your love to? What wish would you fulfill? What exotic locale would you fly to for coffee? What book would you write?"


Friday, December 31, 2010

Picture of the Week (On time!)

YAY ITS TIME FOR THE PICTURE OF THE WEEK! Be excited, be excited beeeee exxxcccitteed!

Okay. I apologize. I had a headache all night and this morning so from my meekly little bed I texted my dad, and I was like "Please get me excedrin? I am dying. I really am. And an icepack? I love youuuu." So I took 3 excedrin and DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH CAFFEINE THEY HAVE?

A_LOT! a boatload.

So excuse my minor hyperness.

OKAY. Picture time!

Okay So I took this picture about a month ago. At my school. It was kind of our first snow fall, back when snow and I were still friends. It was frigid and therefore I was unhappy but when I turned the corner to go to the dining hall, I saw this beautiful assortment of snow and colors. I first snapped a picture for my dad, the weatherman, to brag about the fact that we got snow and home didnt, but then I realized that it was a pretty picture and I was all like, "I'm going to make this picture of the week".. And here it is. A lovely picture.

Okay the following has absolutely nothing to do with picture of the week but I don't want to make it a new blog post so I'm adding it to this one. As you all know, (probably) by now, is that I am oddly obsessed with dreams. I have this fantastic and hilarious dream interpretation book and you can pretty much look up anything you want in it that you dreamed about and it will tell you what that means. One time, (this is real life. not a dream), when my family and I were on vacation in New Hampshire, we stopped at this Mom & Pop type diner to get coffee and food and fuel up so we could keep driving or sightseeing or whatever we were doing. At the time, I was even more obsessed than usual with dreams because I had just gotten the dream book so I literally looked up everything. I even made charts, analyzing my 12 year old dreams. So I'm all like "Look everyone I can look up your dream" even though no one in my family cared. But, the waitress at the time, cared. She sat down next to us and was all like, "CAN YOU INTERPRET MY DREAM, PLEASE?" I forget the dream now but it had something to do with fixing a tooth. It wasn't in my book and I was all like, "I'm sorry." My family quickly finished their coffee and we booked it real fast out of there. End of story. Sorry for the anticlimactic ending. I just realized the memory seemed funnier and more dramatic in my head.

Point of story, last night I had a dream that my old dance teacher, who I'm pretty sure is also a Nazi, or a warrior of some kind, or an ex-militant executive, or Satan perhaps, was attacking me with a wooden stick, in my basement. In her dance leotard. How messed up is that? Needless to say, since it was my basement and I knew a secret way out, I tricked her and took the secret way and was totally like, "there is no way she just saw me do that and there is no way she would think to go up the normal staircase and end up in the same place as me and attack me again, because this is my dream and I am escaping." I also had a dream that I travelled to London and it was awesome. like, even awesomer than I ever would have expected. And it was totally not raining. It was gorgeous. Even though I would still think London was the best place on Earth (do you need to capitalize earth?) even if it rained every day. Which, I've heard, that it does. Back to point...This is my dream interpretation:

ATTACK:
Being attacked and not harmed: Will soon have good fortune. (woot!)
ESCAPE:
Escaping from accident or injury: Good things will come in life.

I think these results are pretty consistent with the message that 2011 will be AWESOME!

I also had a dream (this was all last night, I kid you not) that I was fixing a toilet on stage and everyone was watching and it was very stressful. But fixing toilets were not in the book. Unfortunately. But if it was, I'm pretty sure it would also say 2011 will be awesome.

IF you want me to interpret your dream for you, I totally will. Just comment with some keywords in your dream. Or type the whole thing out. I don't care. The weirder they are, the better. I would never judge. I just got attacked by my old dance teacher. With a stick. Beat that!

I'm sorry the second half of this had nothing to do with picture of the week. my bad. Its the hyperness. :-)

~WNB

No comments: