"When you get those rare moments of clarity, those flashes when the universe makes sense, you try desperately to hold on to them. They are the life boats for the darker times, when the vastness of it all, the incomprehensible nature of life is completely illusive. So the question becomes, or should have been all a long... What would you do if you knew you only had one day, or one week, or one month to live. What life boat would you grab on to? What secret would you tell? What band would you see? What person would you declare your love to? What wish would you fulfill? What exotic locale would you fly to for coffee? What book would you write?"


Wednesday, March 2, 2011

For me, mostly. And You.

This post is happening because I can not find any notepad paper near me if it meant saving my life. Which is sad, because I'm at my desk. And this is my Barnes & Noble shopping list. Which I can access while I'm at B & N, today or tomorrow, instead of scrambling to find a little piece of paper anyway. AND, now you can all go buy these exceedingly interesting books too and we can all read them!

1) The Unhealthy Truth: One Mother's Shocking Investigation into the Dangers of America's Food Supply-- and What Every Family Can Do to Protect Itself
- $10.23



2) Free for All: Fixing School Food in America
~ $20.00



3) Food, Inc.: Mendel to Monsanto--the Promises and Perils of the Biotech Harvest
~ 10.00



4) Wonder of Probiotics: A 30-Day Plan to Boost Energy, Enhance Weight Loss, Heal GI Problems, Prevent Disease, and Slow Aging
~ $13.00



5) On Call in Hell: A Doctor's Iraq War Story
~ $15.00


6) Fast Food Nation: The Dark Side of the All-American Meal
~ $8.00




Shit. I have a lot of reading to do. On top of reading a boatload of information for like....my regular classwork. Oy.

PS- 1) Let me know if any of you have read any of these and what you thought of it.

2) Let me know if you know of any books similar to these that you think I would like.

DO IT!.

~WNB

No comments: