- A nurse
- a friend, to hold your hand
- A psychologist, to help you through your strangest quirks and secrets
- A mom, to tell you "no" and put things back in perspective.
- a politician, so the hospital is a better place.
- an advocate, so we make sure the doctors don't kill you.
- a security guard, for when you start freaking out.
- a mechanic, for fixing everything and anything that breaks on the floor.
- a gymnast, for bending in really small spaces to plug in your IV.
- an artist, you are our canvas.
- a scientist, because what else do we use our critical thinking for?
- A diagnostician, because sometimes we diagnose you before the doctors do.
A nurse is not:
- a waiter, we are not employed to go and get you 4 sandwiches in 3 hours.
- a hotel attendant, we are not going to put a mint on your pillows.
- a punching bag, yeah-just try.
- your drug dealer, because actually- we can't just give you unlimited amounts of narcotics.
- a Marriage/family counselor- solve your own damn problems with your family, outside of the hospital.
C'mon fellow nurses out there- leave some comments with some more you can think of!