"When you get those rare moments of clarity, those flashes when the universe makes sense, you try desperately to hold on to them. They are the life boats for the darker times, when the vastness of it all, the incomprehensible nature of life is completely illusive. So the question becomes, or should have been all a long... What would you do if you knew you only had one day, or one week, or one month to live. What life boat would you grab on to? What secret would you tell? What band would you see? What person would you declare your love to? What wish would you fulfill? What exotic locale would you fly to for coffee? What book would you write?"


Monday, October 17, 2011

Lactose Intolerant : not an excuse!

Hey all! I haven't been able to blog lately. I just moved into a brand new place and we've been without our Internet hookup for quite some time, so I can only blog through my phone. But no fear- I will blog a lengthy worthwhile blog soon!

But for now, I just wanted to tell anyone that is lactose intolerant (like me) something very important.

Being lactose intolerant is no excuse for not getting enough calcium!

Let me explain. Yesterday I went to a free health fair, that was offering free bone density heel scans. This determines how strong your bones are, which, is affected by your calcium intake. Someone with a inadequate intake of calcium might not have as strong of bones, Which you all learned in kindergarten through "got milk" commercials (yuck).

So I got the scan. Granted I was the only one in the crowd less than 50. But still, it was important to me because I was worried I dont get enough calcium because I am lactose intolerant. Well, my value came up 1.9, which is, in the health professionals words "truck hitting worthy". Aka very good.

I told her I was lactose intolerant and didn't think I got enough calcium, but I look for it in other ways and i take calcium gummies. So it works! So folks out there that are lactose intolerant or have LI kids, just know that they still can grow big and strong and have strong bones, even without milk! :-)

Yay!

No comments: