"When you get those rare moments of clarity, those flashes when the universe makes sense, you try desperately to hold on to them. They are the life boats for the darker times, when the vastness of it all, the incomprehensible nature of life is completely illusive. So the question becomes, or should have been all a long... What would you do if you knew you only had one day, or one week, or one month to live. What life boat would you grab on to? What secret would you tell? What band would you see? What person would you declare your love to? What wish would you fulfill? What exotic locale would you fly to for coffee? What book would you write?"


Monday, January 10, 2011

A Big Move

At first it was extremely unrealistic.

Now, as I contemplate all the problems I would run into, and how I could combat them and be OK....It's seeming a little more realistic.

I think I could be happy in Colorado.

I really do.

And, If I am not...It's only one move away to come back home.

I have to try and be happy there, right?

It's going to be the scariest thing I've ever, ever, ever done. Moving, being alone, getting a brand new nursing job, meeting new people....but if I don't do it now, will I ever?

So far I'm looking at Winter Park, Estes Park, and Colorado Springs....I think this June/ July I might convince a family member or two to go to CO with me and starts looking at some locations.

I really want to do this .

1 comment:

Jerseygypsy said...

I can get you an "in" at an assisted living center in either Tennessee or Virginia if you ever change your mind about Colorado...and if not, I'll visit you out there!!! :-)