"When you get those rare moments of clarity, those flashes when the universe makes sense, you try desperately to hold on to them. They are the life boats for the darker times, when the vastness of it all, the incomprehensible nature of life is completely illusive. So the question becomes, or should have been all a long... What would you do if you knew you only had one day, or one week, or one month to live. What life boat would you grab on to? What secret would you tell? What band would you see? What person would you declare your love to? What wish would you fulfill? What exotic locale would you fly to for coffee? What book would you write?"


Monday, January 31, 2011

How Many Blogs Can I Write About Snow?

Well, I haven't counted, but I'll try to make this the last one.

I have Pictures of the week! Yay! A little late, but if it makes you feel any better, I STILL haven't read Postsecret yet, and being that it is 5pm on a MONDAY, and it comes out late saturday night, this is a big deal. I will have to make time for it tonight because I cannot bear it any longer. And thanks to my extreme ADHD and memory of a gold fish, I go online to look at it but by the time I type postsecret.com into the web address, I have already found either something else to do online first, or something else to catch my attention in my room before I get to postsecret. So, you can see how a lot of work does NOT get done in my life, at times.

Anyway, pictures of the week:


Adorable Tree I found on a walk :)


This was cute. It *was* a fully built snowman that had sunglasses and a scarf but by the time I got to him at the end of the day to take a picture, he had melted a little and his accessories were over :( But it was still cute.


I thought this was interesting because these are all chairs, and it looks like the snow is "sitting" in the chair and slumped over because its lazy and tired of snowing so much. I would be tired after snowing 5 storms worth, too!


Standing in the walkway on my campus. My primary learning-good-things-in-nursing- building is all the way at the end, in the center. :)


All I have to say here, is...good thing I didn't want to sit at those tables....


Pretty..


Sunset
 So, it was pretty good times. My intentions were to submit these photos to the contest my school had, to win a gift card to B&N....but, I forgot to make them pretty and therefore forgot to send them in on time. Oh well. It happens.

Something awesome happened at work this weekend, and it was totally out of the blue....I was running behind on my work because 1/2 our staff called out sick and we were swamped...so It took me a long time to do vitals, blood sugars, etc. well, I was just about to go into my last room to do her vital signs, and one of my nurses comes up to me and is like, "Julie, You're a really good worker." And I was like...."I am? Well, thank you. I'm really slow though, I'm still on Vital signs." And she responded, "Thats because you're very detail oriented. You don't leave the room until you know everyone is happy and content, and that's a good thing."

So even though I was having a bad day weekend, It really brightened my day to hear that.


Sometimes I can't wait to be a nurse. :-)

~WNB

No comments: