"When you get those rare moments of clarity, those flashes when the universe makes sense, you try desperately to hold on to them. They are the life boats for the darker times, when the vastness of it all, the incomprehensible nature of life is completely illusive. So the question becomes, or should have been all a long... What would you do if you knew you only had one day, or one week, or one month to live. What life boat would you grab on to? What secret would you tell? What band would you see? What person would you declare your love to? What wish would you fulfill? What exotic locale would you fly to for coffee? What book would you write?"


Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Finally, an Answer.. Sort of.

So, I have come to a major life decision. I have finally really (realistically) realized (WOW That is a lot of words with the real- prefix!), that I want to get my Masters in Homeopathic medicine. I might open up my own practice one day even. But I am very interested in staying away from the "western" medicine stuff. I want to treat patients naturally, the way the world is supposed to be without a zillion drugs thrown at each patient. I want to get to know my patients, treat them with natural therapies, herbs, relaxation...natural stuff. Only problem is, our culture here isnt *huge* on schools for this. Our culture here sort of looks down on this type of medicine, because America has Western, modern, advanced medicine that is obviously much better for you. Ugh. So, I may have to go to Europe...I don't know...Or find a school here. I think Im going to try and get my Family Nurse Practicioner first, that way I do have a "westernized" base, just in case and I can fall back on that and also, use that knowledge to still treat my patients. Its still very useful information, I just dont have to throw drugs at my patients just because i have a degree that enables me to do so. Then...my doctorate! Oh boy. Wow, i'm going to be 40 by the time I'm done....whats the point?? Lol. But I Love school, and this is what I want. So good :) Woo! Finally, somewhere, somewhere to head towards...a goal!

No comments: