"When you get those rare moments of clarity, those flashes when the universe makes sense, you try desperately to hold on to them. They are the life boats for the darker times, when the vastness of it all, the incomprehensible nature of life is completely illusive. So the question becomes, or should have been all a long... What would you do if you knew you only had one day, or one week, or one month to live. What life boat would you grab on to? What secret would you tell? What band would you see? What person would you declare your love to? What wish would you fulfill? What exotic locale would you fly to for coffee? What book would you write?"


Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Dinner

Dinner tonight:

-gluten free, dairy free kids chicken nuggets with honey mustard (lite).
- ~ 3 handfuls of lite healthy popcorn. no butter.
- ~ 5 handfuls of Baked Lays.



GOtttaaaaa love college. Actually though, its all healthy. I monitor everything and very very very rarely eat junk food. All of the above foods are low in fat and high in other good things. And, I read ingredients of everything so I always know what Im eating. THe most "unhealthy" thing on my dinner list is the Baked Lays, and the ingredients are: dehydrated potatoes, modified food starch, sugar, corn oil, soy lecithin, leavening, and dextrose. So its not great but its not terrible.

I cannot have any dairy at all, I have symptoms even with the slightest amount. So it makes going to my dining hall difficult. So Im spending a lot of my money on going to WHole Foods and Wegmans....and dinners and breakfasts and I guess Lunch too, are difficult...I can't wait to have my own apartment or house and I can stock items that are just for my quirky food habits, and more importantly, I can cook. In college a lot of things are limited because all i have is a microwave.

One day...life will get easier. NEXT YEAR. :-) Ah, scary.

PS- I plan to have special dairy free ICE CREAM tonight and it sucked at first, buut it is definitely an acquired taste and now I love it. YAY. Its cookie dough flavor. (My favorite). THe company is Pure Decadent, to those of my readers that are also lactose intolerant (severe).

1 comment:

A Writer in a Nurse's Body said...

***Purely Decadent- correction