"When you get those rare moments of clarity, those flashes when the universe makes sense, you try desperately to hold on to them. They are the life boats for the darker times, when the vastness of it all, the incomprehensible nature of life is completely illusive. So the question becomes, or should have been all a long... What would you do if you knew you only had one day, or one week, or one month to live. What life boat would you grab on to? What secret would you tell? What band would you see? What person would you declare your love to? What wish would you fulfill? What exotic locale would you fly to for coffee? What book would you write?"


Friday, October 1, 2010

Puzzle

Today me and the kids I babysit were cleaning up their entire living room because well, I like cleaning and we had nothing better to do. I delegated myself in charge of cleaning the puzzle pieces to many different puzzles, trying to organize them and put them together. I concentrated on this one simple puzzle about animals and you had to put two pieces together to make an animal, and there was about fifteen animals total. Problem was, I kept only finding half of each animal. I searched the whole room in hopes of finding the other halves but in that search I only just found more halves that needed a match.

This is how I feel with my entire life right now. I feel like I am trying to put together all these pieces, matching halves to make a giant collaborative whole. But everytime I search for "another half", all I find is another piece that needs to be fixed or needs attention or needs its half. I guess it's sort of a silly analogy and it's certainly an analogy my age group can relate to. We are all putting together our whole lives right now and frankly, it's scaring the s*** out of me. :-(

No comments: