"When you get those rare moments of clarity, those flashes when the universe makes sense, you try desperately to hold on to them. They are the life boats for the darker times, when the vastness of it all, the incomprehensible nature of life is completely illusive. So the question becomes, or should have been all a long... What would you do if you knew you only had one day, or one week, or one month to live. What life boat would you grab on to? What secret would you tell? What band would you see? What person would you declare your love to? What wish would you fulfill? What exotic locale would you fly to for coffee? What book would you write?"


Thursday, November 18, 2010

Excuse my Strange Dreaming...

I had a rather relaxing dream last night and I kind of (almost) wish it was real (there were some scary parts too).

I remember being with my family on a cruise ship (which came out of NOWHERE o_0)- but is funny because on the news this morning I was watching the brand new gigantic royal carribean ship coming into Newark. Weird. ANyway, we were on this glorious cruise ship enjoying some type of vacation in the carribbean. The ship stopped for a scheduled vacation destination stop in the middle of the ocean (don't ask why because I dont know! It's a dream!). The purpose of the stop was to encourage ship goers to get out of the friggen ship and go SWIMMING. In the middle of the OCEAN. WHich, in real life, I would rather be on the top of the sinking titanic waiting to die than jump in the actual ocean. As you can gather from previous posts, I am terrified of the ocean. See this post:

http://awriterinanursesbody.blogspot.com/2010/07/fear-is-only-how-you-look-at-it.html

ANyway, So In the dream I actually was convinced to do this terrifying excursion because my family was doing it. Well, the dream skipped a couple scenes, and the next thing I know I am in the middle of the ocean. Except in order to get where I'm supposed to really be, you have to get swept up in this massive current undertake rip tide thing that is really strong and somehow carries you to a different part of the ocean. (Again-excuse me for my strange dreaming-I swear I do not do crack). So even though I was scared of this massive current thing (you could see it happen from the top of the ship), I went to swim to get swept up in it....and it worked. I remember being torn apart under the water in this strange current sensation, and I remember opening my eyes and seeing how far I had left to swim to get to the surface and I remember thinking- Wow, this is hard, I'm surprised a lot of people survive this- I do not like swimming-but this isn't so bad- How am I supposed to hold my breath all the way to the top? But regardless, I swam really hard and made it. The new part of the ocean was incredible, and all my friends and family were there. All I can remember thinking was that it was a fairy tale. Not a dream, just a fairy tale. Because dreams are never dreams when you are dreaming them.

So I think this fairy tale magic dream came from the preview for a movie documentary I saw last night on TV- I think the movie was called 127 hours. Here is the trailer:

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi768149785/

you can definitely see the connection to my dream. .


I'm so strange. Anyway, that movie looks pretty damn good! I'm psyched for it!

As you can see, I am definitely NOT having insomnia.

No comments: