"When you get those rare moments of clarity, those flashes when the universe makes sense, you try desperately to hold on to them. They are the life boats for the darker times, when the vastness of it all, the incomprehensible nature of life is completely illusive. So the question becomes, or should have been all a long... What would you do if you knew you only had one day, or one week, or one month to live. What life boat would you grab on to? What secret would you tell? What band would you see? What person would you declare your love to? What wish would you fulfill? What exotic locale would you fly to for coffee? What book would you write?"


Monday, April 4, 2011

If I Could...

Amongst all the superpowers out there available to all who are super, the superpower I want the most is to never have to be able to sleep. I could get so much work done. We spend like over half our lives sleeping. Being exhausted halts my workpace at like...9pm. And I sleep til 8-9 am. Thats 12 more hours of productive work. I hate feeling tired.

But, with this superpower, I could of course opt to sleep if I wanted to. It would be like a little light switch. Because sometimes I like to sleep. Ok, well, I love to sleep, i just hate having to sleep when I have other important things to do. But when you think about it, do I love to sleep because its a relief from being tired, or do I love to sleep just because? Because What else do I like about sleep other than it makes me less-tired? The comfy bed? because I can get that when I'm awake, too. An escape from reality? I guess I would miss having that. And I think I would miss the dream-world most of all.

I think there is a blog post of mine already out there about this exact same thing but that only exemplifies the fact of how much I want this superpower.

If you happen to be a genie out there reading this, don't grant me this until we talk a little first. I have to make some ramifications so that I work through all the loopholes.

:-)

teehee.

~WNB.

PS_ No really though, wouldn't it be awesome?

No comments: