"When you get those rare moments of clarity, those flashes when the universe makes sense, you try desperately to hold on to them. They are the life boats for the darker times, when the vastness of it all, the incomprehensible nature of life is completely illusive. So the question becomes, or should have been all a long... What would you do if you knew you only had one day, or one week, or one month to live. What life boat would you grab on to? What secret would you tell? What band would you see? What person would you declare your love to? What wish would you fulfill? What exotic locale would you fly to for coffee? What book would you write?"


Monday, April 25, 2011

We live in America, Thanks.

So this morning, while I was getting ready to go to school, my mother and I were watching the news. I swear, Katie Couric spent at LEAST forty minutes talking about nothing but how the wedding is just FOUR DAYS AWAY YAYYY and what everyone is wearing, and how its gonna be so great! And what is Kate wearing??? What does she do every second of her breathing time? ? What hat am I gonna wear to the wedding? OMG ITS SO AMAZING.

Okay don't get me wrong. I LOVE England. LOVE.   I just don't get how in America, it has become a constant craze. Its all I hear about! Its all over the news! Its everywhere! For a minute there I thought I lived in England!  Is this being so publicized in other countries as well??

I left the house, and turn on the radio in the car to hear some tunes, and what comes on? Wedding, wedding, wedding. Whats Kate wearing? What celebrities are going? What are they wearing?? What are they going to do at the reception? Is Kate throwing a bouquet? Then they had a call-in contest to see who could win tickets to be a VIP at the royal wedding. ...


Well, I called 24 times. Lol. I guess despite the obsessive craze and all its annoyingness, I really wanted those tickets.

Too bad I didn't even get through. :-(

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Lol snaz you make me laugh. I think it's because it's being considered a "historical event" - also people latch onto happy things like weddings when the economy is bad... it's true!

A Writer in a Nurse's Body said...

You raise a very valid point! THis is very true I didn't think of it that way! Thanks snaz! Haha, but really though, its still nauseating to hear about so excessively.