"When you get those rare moments of clarity, those flashes when the universe makes sense, you try desperately to hold on to them. They are the life boats for the darker times, when the vastness of it all, the incomprehensible nature of life is completely illusive. So the question becomes, or should have been all a long... What would you do if you knew you only had one day, or one week, or one month to live. What life boat would you grab on to? What secret would you tell? What band would you see? What person would you declare your love to? What wish would you fulfill? What exotic locale would you fly to for coffee? What book would you write?"


Monday, May 9, 2011

Bubbles on a Beautiful Day

Hey all!

So, lately....life has been good. I've been around family I haven't seen in quite awhile that live a good full day's drive away, I have been blessed with beautiful weather, my baby sister just topped off  phenomenal performances (6 performances!) of Hairspray, as the lead- Tracy, I am unpacking my college-life and adding it to my home life (this is HARD), and re-packing for Europe (Also Hard), I've been hanging out with the best people in the world, I've been doing a LOT of thinking, a lot of reading, and a lot of listening to good music.....but most importantly, I've been blowing lots of bubbles in the sun :-)

Believe it or not, blowing bubbles is extremely de-stressing and I promise it works just as well as Prozac. Go try it if you're feeling under the weather. Bubbles make everyone happy. Its like, a given. I think it even says it on the bottle.

So, this is a picture post today. Lots and lots of pictures. This is also a new app that I downloaded a long time ago and used it once and I was like, "what the heck is this? I don't get it. This is stupid." And I didnt use it for a couple months. Then, I tried it randomly one day and loved the way the pics came out. Now I can't stop using it. Its called "Hipstamatic" for those of you who own/love your iphone and photography. :-)

Unfortunately, I don't think the camera could pick up any of the bubbles, considering it was a struggle to jug the task of blowing lots of bubbles for them to go catch and then taking pictures with my other hand. But use your imagination; I promise bubbles actually existed.

Cute bubble blowing gadget.


Watching the bubbles.

"Can I give a bubble to my doggie?"

"Can we play with the hose?"......"No."

This has my finger in the top which angers me but the rest of the picture is just TOO CUTE to exclude- They thought it wise to try and break into their parents side of the house. I just sat back and watched, and um...supervised. Cute picture though. :-)

"THere is a PERSON that LOOKS LIKE ME in there!"

"Swinging" all by herself. This is a huge milestone.

Curious.
I promise she's not dead. She was looking at a bug. For a good twenty minutes. She definitely does not have ADHD, like me.

I tried so hard to get a picture of her showing her face, but it was really hard. She's the most adorable girl and yet moves every time she see's the camera.

Sort of got one. She saw a bird.

playing...

Swinging with the flip-flop shot :-)

Being Adventurous

"Snowboarding?"


I LOVE this picture. It was the cutest thing. We were outside for a good two hours and when we first came outside, the boy saw the crescent of the moon. He says, "Hey look, the moon is out and the sun at the same time! How did the moon come out!?" So I gave them a mini-science lesson on the sun and the moon and how they sort of work and they looked at me like it was just too much to believe, and I LOVE that. And then about two hours later, as seen in this picture, the little girl looked up and exclaimed, "The moon MOVED!" And then proceeded to stare at it continuously to see if it would keep moving. So I then gave another mini-lesson on how the moon and stars and sun move during the night and day and it was the cutest and coolest thing ever. Just to see their minds process this new interesting information is something you can never forget. Love it.
Let me remind you these are not my children, these are the lovebugs I babysit often. I could only hope my children one day in the future could only be this adorable!


Thanks for reading, earthlings!!

~A Writer (and photographer ;) ) in a nurse's body


P.S.- EUROPE IN TWO WEEKSS!!!!!! So psyched. Be ready for a lot of blogs soon about Europe. My apologies in advance.

No comments: