"When you get those rare moments of clarity, those flashes when the universe makes sense, you try desperately to hold on to them. They are the life boats for the darker times, when the vastness of it all, the incomprehensible nature of life is completely illusive. So the question becomes, or should have been all a long... What would you do if you knew you only had one day, or one week, or one month to live. What life boat would you grab on to? What secret would you tell? What band would you see? What person would you declare your love to? What wish would you fulfill? What exotic locale would you fly to for coffee? What book would you write?"


Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Epic Life Lesson? No.

I did it! I completed 7 whole days of not going on Facebook. Its sad that I consider this a pretty big achievment. Today was my 8th day and I went on this morning but..........i really didn't miss much. Just stuff I already knew anyway, and other mindless random status updates. But, I didn't experience any "Lifelong reflection learning crap" over my week without FB.

So, what changes will I ensue now? I plan to keep Facebook away from my phone. For now, I am not re-installing the app. It is undecided if I will install it again to have it for Europe. Probably. Although I'd rather be seeing the sights in Europe rather than staring at my phone. I do that enough in America.

I *plan* to check Facebook twice a day. In morning and before bed. Although I predict this probably won't happen.

So, epic life lesson = failed. No hidden epic discovery about who I am. Guess I still need to go to India & meditate under Julia Robert's guide, for that.

~WNB

No comments: