"When you get those rare moments of clarity, those flashes when the universe makes sense, you try desperately to hold on to them. They are the life boats for the darker times, when the vastness of it all, the incomprehensible nature of life is completely illusive. So the question becomes, or should have been all a long... What would you do if you knew you only had one day, or one week, or one month to live. What life boat would you grab on to? What secret would you tell? What band would you see? What person would you declare your love to? What wish would you fulfill? What exotic locale would you fly to for coffee? What book would you write?"


Monday, June 6, 2011

Putting a pause on things

Hello everyone...

I lost wifi once I left Paris and therefore have yet to update you on the rest of my trip (London!). I just got home back to the USA and have found out that one of my beloved Grandmothers is no longer with us. Despite having full intentions on blogging tonight about London and then following that with a Europe reflection tomorrow sometime, I will not be doing either tonight and maybe not tomorrow...I just can't even think about Europe right now, honestly. I don't even want to look at my pictures. She passed when I was in Europe.


My grandmother lived in North Carolina and she was a very important figure in my growing up, despite being 10 hours away. Being so far, I only got to visit every couple of years or so, and looking back I wish I could change that now. But we always wish we could change things when its too late. All I can do now is pray and wish for her to be able to look down on us and that she is happy where she is now.

Sorry for the blogging interruption....maybe by the end of  this week...


I love you Grandma C <3 


~WNB

1 comment:

Jessica said...

<2 She was surely happy to know you were having the time of your life in Europe. Definitely take some time to unwind and reflect about both, but of course she deserves that time first. I love you and she will surely rest in peace. <2